“A Struthiomimus... interesting. Another dinosaur that furthers the case of a direct lineage to our modern birds.”
Struthiomimus is a genus of ornithomimid dinosaur that originated from Late Cretaceous North America. Particularly in comparison to other dinosaurs, their needs are undemanding, though they have a low rating among guests, second only to the Dryosaurus. In Jurassic World Evolution, Struthiomimus is the first dinosaur unlocked on Isla Matanceros.
The Struthiomimus has a brown body, a white neck and underbelly, as well as white arms. It has dark brown stripes all over its body. It also has a faint blue on the top of the head just behind the eye.
Struthiomimus is a gregarious herbivore that are able to be kept in relatively huge herds with a high population, although they do not lose comfort when alone. They are defenceless against carnivores of all kinds and can only flee from them. They can be kept and coexist with larger herbivores such as Edmontosaurus and Triceratops.
Struthiomimus lived alongside of many other Late Cretaceous dinosaurs, including the hadrosaur Edmontosaurus, the pachycephalosaurs Pachycephalosaurus, Stygimoloch and Dracorex, the ceratopsians Triceratops and Torosaurus, the armored Ankylosaurus, as well as the theropods Troodon and Tyrannosaurus.
Struthiomimus was one of the most common dinosaurs in North America during the Late Cretaceous period. Its fossils have been found throughout Alberta and Montana. Like all members of the Ornithomimid family, it was toothless and this has led to speculation on the diet of this family. The general consensus is that they were omnivores, though evidence such as gastrolith stones, suggests that the North American species were mainly herbivores. Struthiomimus lived alongside Ornithomimus. While both are similar, they have different shaped hands and Ornithomimus has shorter legs, suggesting that they occupied different niches and had different diets. Exactly what those differences are is still unknown.
- Struthiomimus was first announced on March 28th, 2018 in an article in a German video game magazine.
- The Struthiomimus is the first dinosaur available in the game.
- In reality, Struthiomimus are believed to have possessed feathers.
- The Struthiomimus in the game seem to possess teeth-like serrations in its mouth, similar to a goose or a swan.
- Strangely, an additional skin for the Struthiomimus is featured in a promotional image, but is not present in the game, exhibiting various shades of green, cyan and yellow. Its absence from the game could either mean that it was scrapped or that it will be added in an upcoming update.
Struthiomimus on Wikipedia