“Great. A Spinoraptor. Another aggressive carnivore to drop into a world of potential meals walking around in souvenir t-shirts and cargo shorts.”
DescriptionVelociraptor and Spinosaurus, possessing the cunning and ferociousness of its parent species. When the first Spinoraptor was released into the Tacaño Research Facility, it was discovered that it had been tampered with in the embryo stage by rivals of the Hammond Foundation, strengthening its hide and preventing it from being subdued by the ACU helicopter, necessitating the creation of a dinosaur capable of defeating the hybrid. Thereafter, the genome was perfected, resulting in more amenable specimens in future operations.
Behavior and Traits
“My first instinct with this hybrid, the Spinoraptor, is to put it into the hands of Owen Grady and see if he could control it. I'm sure he'd be up to the challenge.”
- - Dr. Henry Wu
The Spinoraptor is similar in size to the Metriacanthosaurus, and while it shares many traits in common with small carnivores, it is capable of challenging and killing far larger predators. In addition, the Spinoraptor is a social animal and requires between two and four members of their species to remain content. It is the most docile of the hybrid theropods but will hunt guests more aggressively than its counterparts if it does escape.
- Spinoraptor was originally created for Jurassic World: The Game, prior to its appearance in Jurassic World Evolution. In the former, Spinoraptor was a hybrid of Spinosaurus and Utahraptor. Since Utahraptor has yet to appear in Jurassic World Evolution, Velociraptor was used instead. In Jurassic World: The Game, Spinoraptor was covered in feathers.
- Spinoraptor was added with the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC on November 20, 2018, along with Troodon, Olorotitan, Ankylodocus, and Stegoceratops.
- Spinoraptor is counted as a medium-large predator, meaning it can be housed with small carnivores such as Velociraptor and Troodon but will battle with the likes of Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus.
- Spinoraptor is the most sociable medium-large carnivore in the game.
- An odd glitch sometimes occurred when Spinoraptor fought and defeated an Indoraptor. Upon pouncing on its rival to take it down, the Spinoraptor's lower jaw would bend to the side at a 90' angle and remain so until the animation was completed. The glitch was eventually fixed.
- The Alpine skin of the Spinoraptor resembles that of the Jurassic Park III female Velociraptor.
- The design of the Spinoraptor is reminiscent of the alien Spinosaurus from the PC Game Carnivores 2, where it was much smaller than the real Spinosaurus. The Tundra and Woodland variants of the animal bring it to a similar brown/green as the Spinosaurus. It is also reminiscent to the design of the Spinosaurus that is featured in the game Warpath: Jurassic Park.