The Ranger Station is an operations building in Jurassic World Evolution which is automatically unlocked at the start of the game. Update 1.12 added multiple new ranger tools, including the camera, medical darts, and flares.
The Ranger Station allows the player to maintain various aspects of their park. The Station comes with one jeep, which can be upgraded to three jeeps for $50,000 each during the campaign or $200,000 each in Challenge Mode. The ranger station allows you to refill feeders, repair fences, cure diseases, shoot flares, tranquilize dinosaurs, and take pictures which rewards the player with various amounts of cash depending on the quality of the photo.
The Ranger Jeep can be damaged by a variety of different sources including collisions with solid objects, collisions with other jeeps or dinosaurs, and through direct attacks from certain dinosaurs. Damaged vehicles will gradually repair themselves when idling at their respective station. All dinosaurs capable of performing a death duel, aside from Compsognathus, will directly attack ranger vehicles and deal significant damage to them. When a vehicles condition has reached 0% it has to be manually repaired for a fee before it can be used again.
When manually driven, the ranger jeep has a horn which startles nearby dinosaurs and a radio that plays Spanish music that can be turned on and off.
Ranger Jeep Ammo
- Tranquilizers: Shooting dinosaurs with tranquilizers will put them to sleep and allow them to be moved by the Asset Transport Helicopter.
- Medication: Shooting medical darts at sick dinosaurs will cure them of their relevant disease.
- Flares: Shooting flares will attract all nearby dinosaurs to a flares location, distracting them from ranger vehicles.
|Icon||Ranger Station Upgrades||Cost|
|RANGER RELOAD SPEED
Improved rifle maintenance increases reload speed of Ranger Teams assigned Medicate tasks.
Training Simulators improve accuracy of Ranger Teams assigned Medicate tasks.
|RANGER TEAM SCHEDULING
A Scheduling Unit enables 1 additional task to be assigned to Ranger Teams.
|Default Ranger Team|
- 1 Unlocked via the achievement for being in the air for 5 seconds within the span of 30 seconds.
- 2 Unlocked via the achievement for power sliding with the Jeep for 3 seconds.
- 3 Unlocked via the achievement of maximum Jeep speed for 5 seconds.
- If the ranger jeep is flipped over or hits the ground too hard after flying over a ledge while being manually driven, it is deselected.
- The Jeep can jump over fences or map boundaries if the player goes over a hill at the right angle and speed.
- One of the songs that can be heard on the ranger vehicle radio is "Las Gaviotas" by the Madacy Mariachi Band, the same song playing in Jurassic Park when Lewis Dodgson meets Dennis Nedry in Costa Rica.
- Jurassic Park (film) on Wikipedia