“Nothing about this island feels right. And my instincts, are usually pretty accurate when it comes to issues regarding the dinosaurs. So much of what happens on the islands is a secret, by necessity, yes... but this, this feels like something else. Too cramped, too isolated. It's as if someone is gathering up all the materials for a disaster. Tread carefully.”
Isla Pena is the smallest and easternmost island in the Muertes Archipelago, located to the northeast of Isla Tacaño. By far the smallest island of the Five Deaths, Pena has limited space for Jurassic World operations and due to its small size and lack of mountain cover, it is susceptible to extreme storms.
InGen Database Description
Isla Pena is the smallest of the Five Deaths, and positioned farthest to the east of the archipelago. InGen operations were never contracted here.
This cramped island poses a significant challenge for dinosaur operations, and it endures catastrophic storms.
In the 1980s, the islands of the Muertes Archipelago, including Isla Pena, were purchased from the Costa Rican government by InGen, in a 99-year lease which also covered the neighbouring Isla Nublar to the east. Although InGen was not known to operate a facility on Isla Pena, Costa Rican fishermen were apprehensive about the entire island chain.
Isla Pena is the smallest island available in Jurassic World Evolution, and as such, provides the least amount of buildable area to develop. These limitations force players to think creatively when creating their park on a relatively narrow piece of land, which, when coupled with the extreme storms Isla Pena is susceptible to, makes Isla Pena one of the most challenging islands in the game.
- Acrocanthosaurus — Entertainment Division progression, available in the Carnivore Dinosaur Pack
- Albertosaurus — Entertainment Division progression, available in the Claire's Sanctuary DLC
- Camarasaurus — Automatically unlocked, available via expeditions
- Carcharodontosaurus — Science Division progression, available in the Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack
- Carnotaurus — Science Division progression
- Chasmosaurus — Automatically unlocked, available via expeditions
- Giganotosaurus — Completion of Security Division mission
- Indominus rex — Available in research, needs 100% genome of Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor
- Kentrosaurus — Completion of Entertainment Division mission
- Nigersaurus — Security Division progression, available in the Herbivore Dinosaur Pack
- Pachycephalosaurus— Automatically unlocked, available via expeditions
- Polacanthus— Automatically unlocked, available via expeditions
- Suchomimus — Security Division progression, available in the Deluxe Dinosaur Pack
|Any Difficulty Unlock||Jurassic Difficulty Unlock|
- Isla Pena is first unlocked with a three-star rating on Isla Tacaño.
- Isla Pena is the 4th island unlocked in the Muertes Archipelago.
- Due to its small size, rugged shape, and vulnerability to storms, Isla Pena is widely considered to be the most difficult island in Jurassic World Evolution.
- ↑ Dinosaur Protection Group - Reports. Retrieved from http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/reports.html
- ↑ Wikipedia:The Lost World: Jurassic Park