“As if prehistoric creatures weren’t enough to contend with, on this next island, Isla Muerta, you may have-uh, some meteorological events. You know, storms, extreme weather. That kind of thing. From time to time.”
- - Dr. Ian Malcolm
Isla Muerta, also known as Site C, is the second Jurassic World island operation, located in the Muertes Archipelago between Isla Matanceros to the north, and Isla Sorna to the south. Although known for its pleasant sunsets, Isla Muerta is often hit by powerful storms, while the island's geography necessitates monorails to connect different regions.
Progressing through Isla Muerta will unlock access to Isla Tacaño at three stars and Dig Team Bravo at five stars. Located separately from the main area, Dr. Henry Wu operates a facility at Muerta East, which can be accessed through the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC.
Isla Muerta offers a greater challenge than the starting island. While it can enjoy pleasant sunsets it is often ravaged by storms. Some areas can only be accessed via Monorail links.
In the 1980s, the islands of the Muertes Archipelago, including Isla Muerta, were purchased from the Costa Rican government by InGen, in a 99-year lease which also covered the neighbouring Isla Nublar to the east. Although InGen was not known to operate a facility on Isla Muerta, Costa Rican fishermen were apprehensive about the entire island chain.
Isla Muerta offers a larger area to build upon in comparison to Isla Matanceros, although it also suffers from occasional storms capable of stressing temperamental dinosaurs such as Velociraptor. When first played, the existing facility on the island has been severely damaged from a recent storm, prompting the player to use a Ranger Team to manually repair buildings and fences before building their own facility. In addition to the main area of the island, the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC includes a new area of the island known as Muerta East, where players aid Dr. Henry Wu in his research into hybrid dinosaurs. Muerta East also unlocks access to the Troodon and Olorotitan.
- Ankylosaurus — Available via expeditions
- Baryonyx — Security Division progression
- Chungkingosaurus — Available via expeditions
- Corythosaurus — Available via expeditions
- Dilophosaurus — Available via expeditions
- Euoplocephalus — Science Division progression, available in the Claire's Sanctuary DLC
- Iguanodon — Science Division progression, available in the Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack
- Styracosaurus — Entertainment Division progression, available in the Deluxe Dinosaur Pack
- Velociraptor — Available via expeditions
|Any Difficulty Unlock||Jurassic Mode Unlock|
- Isla Muerta is the second island available to players.