“The mighty Dreadnoughtus was one of the largest terrestrial creatures to have ever lived. While it's known as the 'fears nothing' dinosaur, I would still keep it away from the Indominus rex.”
Dreadnoughtus is a gigantic genus of sauropod dinosaur that originated from Late Cretaceous South America.
Dreadnoughtus is included in the Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack, and can be unlocked by progressing through the Science Division on Isla Tacaño, where its fossils can subsequently be excavated in the Cerro Fortaleza dig site.
Although Dreadnoughtus was not known to have been cloned by InGen, it appeared on the holographic globe in the Innovation Center. In 2018, its viable embryo was known to have been created and stored in a suitcase with embryos of other dinosaurs.
One of the least social of all sauropods, Dreadnoughtus without any modifications to their social needs will live either alone, in pairs or in groups of three. They are impervious to most predators, except for the Indominus rex.
Dreadnoughtus was potentially one of the largest animals to have ever lived on land, only outclassed by fellow South American titanosaurs such as Argentinosaurus and Patagotitan. Dreadnoughtus was a surprise on its discovery in 2014, with most of the body and tail well preserved, but also parts of the skull, which is usually lost in preservation due to their flimsy nature. It is the most well preserved titanosaur found in South America, however the skeleton found was not fully grown yet, suggesting that the dinosaur could grow even larger. Dreadnoughtus lived on a wide floodplain with other large sauropods such as Puertasaurus, ornithopods and theropods such as Orkoraptor.
- Dreadnoughtus was added with the Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack DLC on December 13, 2018 along with Carcharodontosaurus and Iguanodon.
- The depiction of Dreadnoughtus differs from its real life counterpart. The front legs are longer and the neck was less vertical in reality.
- The head of the in-game Dreadnoughtus also resembles that of the Muttaburrasaurus. The real Dreadnoughtus probably had a more typically shaped sauropod head.
- Dreadnoughtus is the first herbivorous dinosaur from South America to be featured in the game.
- Dreadnoughtus is the first sauropod from the Cretaceous period to be featured in the game.
Dreadnoughtus on Wikipedia